Rack mount enclosures are distinctive devices which are used for the protection of appliances. It helps the electronics to stay cool.
Rack mount enclosure comprises of cable cradles too, which supports the wires and cable bundles which interconnects all the electronic assemblies. They are widely used for desktop or tabletop electronics, wall mount applications, and LAN network installation or computer server modules.
- Rack mount enclosures are basically structured to accept modules or electronics assemblies and are built with aligned rails standard slides and locking techniques. These aligned rails help in effortless installation and omission of other electronic appliances.
- The classic type of rack mount enclosure is a kind of tower used in a computer enclosure. The computer enclosure further has 5 racks for the inclusion of modems or graphic acceleration.
- At times, while the electronic assembly, is being installed into the rack, a rear connector interfaces the backplane connector located in the electronics. These rack-mounted enclosures assimilate an electrical backplane with the straight located connectors.
- Rack mount enclosures are generally fixed inside the rack units to save storage space, secure the equipment, and protect the fragile rack-mounted equipments.
- They are further used in a wide range of sectors namely, telecoms, data centres, satellites, central offices, and equipment rooms.